Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prayer

In a day and time where many young persons in the church are talking about change, I am astounded at how few are talking about and engaging in prayer. My challenge to all the postmoderns out there who are looking to change the church, the world, the way things work, I encourage you to begin to pray.

We do not have to do great things. We are called to do faithful, holy things. I am not saying that we have to spend all of our time praying. I am saying that we must take prayer much more seriously.

If you read these words, take a few moments to stop and pray. Pray for the church to be holy as our Father in heaven is holy. Pray for peace and joy to enter your heart and your day. Be the change for which you are hoping. Be the one who is taking the time to pray.

No comments: