Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recently

So recently, I have not posted my weekly blog.  Recently, I have helped my mom pack to move from Sinton to San Antonio.  Recently, Austin (my twelve-year old) and I rebuilt a wooden ice chest.  Recently, I have been spending about 45 minutes each evening sitting by a pool watching my now seven-year old take swimming lessons.  Recently, life has been very good.  Busy, yes, but good.

Recently, I have been finding that prayer has not come in bunches, but has come in stolen moments through the day.  Monday evening, for example, I was sitting on the TCU campus waiting for my son to finish a day at soccer camp.  Most of the time I would get out my iphone and begin playing Bejeweled or HR Battle.  This evening, I sat on a bench in the cool of the evening and began reading Thomas a Kempis' Imitation of Christ

What have you done recently that is good for your soul or for the soul and well-being of someone else?

No comments: